Friday 18 May 2012

My favourite Song



Some songs just stick with you.  This one I have played and played until the entire family want to throw up on the floor if they hear it again.  Strangely, I just cannot hear it enough.  It was the same with Cold Play’s Viva La Vida, I have to wait until no one is around before playing it.  One of my neighbours on our rough estate, a huge monster with tattoos and a string vest used to sit in his garden with a cigarette hanging from his lips and play Goria Gaynor’s  “I will survive” again and again.   Such an unexpected choice but I could understand, some pieces feel as if they are written for just you.   My favourite so far is the Avett Brother’s Murder in the City.  I don’t like their other stuff but this one piece touches me every time I play it.  Do listen to each word because it is the words that make you sit up and like it – lines like

 “Always remember, there is nothing worth sharing
Like the love that let us share our name”

1 comment: