Wednesday 2 May 2012

Dynamic Shift

What is it about getting past fifty that heralds the break down of health after decades of well being?  So unexpected to be wandering down hospital corridors and waiting in rooms full of other worried fifty plus individuals.  A sweet couple past me today in Altnagevin hospital he in his seventies with a white stick, with his hand on his wife's shoulder leading him out while she with a walking frame wobbled alongside.  Strangely touched by all our vulnerability.

Dynamic Shift

A belief begins in me
Deep down under all the layers
That change has begun
Years passing blur like
life racing between my fingers
but something within stirs
finds itself and grows
begin and trust it seems to say
the time is now, not later
choose this moment to begin
A dynamic shift within
Makes me think I should dare,
To hope to act, to achieve
To dream big and begin
I watch hardly hoping
But a flicker blazes within.

No comments:

Post a Comment