Friday 6 July 2012

To become what you can be


Chosen to sit outside
Slightly cold, buffeted breezes ruffle my page and edges
Make me uncomfortable, unsettled
Remind me that life’s unease brings
Awakening, awareness and growth.
Listening to the tiny sounds
Carried on vibrations through the currents.
Feeling my body respond to the cold.
Eyes drinking in horizons.
Ever walked in forests where bears reside?
Suddenly you re-discover your primitive nature.
Every crack of wood underfoot is crystal clear.
A flickering of movement in the dark undergrowth
Sends adrenalin surging.
You remember your vulnerability
Prepare to run, fight or die.
So too here, I examine my inner landscape with sudden urgency
Tuning into the vibrations of spirit.
Knowing death is coming swiftly
And I must be alert.
That days, hours and seconds must not be wasted.
We have but one purpose here,
Never forget
Flee from lethargy, apathy and laziness.
Be unsettled with where you are
To become what you can be.

1 comment: